Friday, February 24, 2006

Reflections

Well it has been just under 60 hours since I got back from India, and I think the homesickness levels are slowly coming down. India was certainly more relaxing than in previous years, and I am raring to go on Feb 27 (more precisely 28), when the doors of Uni SA open for the acadaemic year 2006. While I still need to sort few more things out, in my opinion the only way (not proven experimentally or othwerise, still is in the stages of speculation), to beat homesickness is to jump into the deep end called work, the next day after arrival!

While the trip to India was more of a holiday, it has strengthened my resolve and ambition to eventually settle back there. By the word eventually, I am hoping for a target of 3 years, however realistically, it is going to be around 6-7 years from now. With the FabCity project coming to AP and India really shining, there is no other place in the world (certainly not Australia), where I would wish to spend my future. I have certainly found that my ambitions, which would have been best described as abstract, have been clearly taking form now and thus I now know what may be expected of me in just over half a decade's time. This would therefore mean that my preparation has gotten underway, a la allusions to Team India and WC2007.

So here it is to India, which has become a focal lens to my ambitions!!! Jai Hind!!

No comments: