Monday, August 14, 2006

Aye Mere Pyaare Watan

Many of you have heard the song "Aye Mere Pyaare Watan". Here is part of the lyrics, that makes me really emotional. IMO this would make many NRI's emotional too :-) !!

Unfortunately, due to my limited knowledge of hindi (as well as everything), I have given a translation which makes sense to me, though as I suspect, it may not make sense to anyone else. Therefore, those who wish to laugh at my inability to translate hindi may do so, with ease, and if you also can, please send your translation!!!

chhodakar teree jameen ko door aa pahuche hain hum
We have left your land and come very far

phir bhee hain yahee hain tamannaa tere jarro kee kasam
But yet we still have this wish, and I take an oath on you

hum jahaan paidaa huye, us jagah hee nikale ye dam
The place we have grown up, is the place where I want to take my final breath

tujhe pe dil qurbaan
I have sacrificed my heart to you

aye mere pyaare watan, aye mere bichhede chaman, tujhe pe dil qurbaan
Oh my beloved country, oh my lost pearl, I sacrifice my heart to you

Taken from here

No comments: