Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Old times are back again

It is no secret that the INC (Indian National Congress) used the post of President of India as a method of paying back long time supporters of the party.

However, with APJ Abdul Kalam, as the out-going president, many hoped that the party would have gone with someone of the same calibre.

Pratibha Patil is tipped to be the incumbent President. At the outset, I had thought that this was a good sign, symbolically speaking, with India's 60th anniversary of Independence fast approaching.

However, articles in the Indian Express, here and here have led me to withdraw my support for Pratibha Patil (not that it matters since I'm not leading a political party in India or anything). From what I infer, she is being repayed for being a friend of the INC for so many years.

Amit Varma has an article on this here

In other news, Mayawati's assets are said to be at 52 crore. Read about it here.( Note: ToI article)

No comments: